Jennifer Lopez
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jennifer Lopez

Dobrodosli na prvi srpski 4um o Jennifer Lopez! Lepo se provedite i uzivajte sa nama! Welcome!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mini Biography on english

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JENNIFER AND ME
Novi clan
Novi clan
JENNIFER AND ME

Mini Biography on english Empty
PostSubject: Mini Biography on english   Mini Biography on english EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 am

Mini Biography
Jennifer was born on July 24, 1969, in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Jennifer is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11. Jennifer's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Jennifer took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.

After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on "In Living Color" (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her "Living Color" stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
Back to top Go down
JENNIFER AND ME
Novi clan
Novi clan
JENNIFER AND ME

PostSubject: Re: Mini Biography on english   Mini Biography on english EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 5:16 am

"I thought she'd offer me some sympathy. Instead, she said, 'Don't you ever call me crying again! You wanted to be in this business, so you better toughen up!' And I did." - to Redbook magazine August 1999, on the lesson in tough love she got from her mother.

"You laugh it off, you get upset for a little while, you're human and you let it go." - on the "outrageous" tabloid stories she hears about herself, at a press conference to discuss her movie, The Cell (2000) in August 2000

"This film certainly is not meant for the girls who sing along with my songs" (about The Cell (2000))

I was always a singer and a dancer, and I always wanted to be an actress. For me, it's all just one thing.

"Nail Polish" (upon being asked what she got on her SAT's)

"When I'm not prepared, which is almost never." -when asked if she ever feels insecure

I don't really check out other people's butts.

I'm not mad about my ankles - they're too skinny.

We've all had a love of our life and failed love affairs. I'm just the biggest romantic - it's really sad. I tell people that, but nobody listens.

I've always had a huge fear of dying or becoming ill. The thing I'm most afraid of, though, is being alone, which I think a lot of performers fear. It's why we seek the limelight - so we're not alone, were adored. Were loved, so people want to be around us. The fear of being alone drives my life.

In every movie they want you to look as thin as you can look. In Selena, it was the other way around: "How can we shoot her butt so it looks like Selena's?"

I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it's smart to listen to other people's advice, but at the end of the day, you're the only one who can tell you what's right for you.

If you focus on the money, you're not going to get anywhere. You can want to be successful, but at the end of the day, if money is your motivation, if that's how shallow your outlook is on life, then you're going to be such an empty person. Because there's nothing driving you from the inside -- there's no passion...

My mom always told me that if you work hard, you can achieve anything. And it's true. It's one of the truest things ever.

I think crossroads come at many times during your life. Up to this point, I've had several. You get to a certain point in your life and you're like, Am I supposed to be doing this? And it's usually in the face of some failure - something that didn't work out the way you wanted it to. And you're faced with a decision: Do I keep trying to do this or do I give up?

Beauty is only skin deep. I think what's really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit. Somebody said to me not too long ago, 'Until you're twenty, you have the face you are born with, and after that you have the face you deserve', and I really loved that - the idea that you wear who you are on your face.

If you kiss on the first date and it's not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it's better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else.

I was in third grade when Rapper's Delight changed my life. But, when I came home, my mother would be listening to Celia Cruz, Tito Puente, Diana Ross. I want to include all those elements in my music.

I didn't expect it to happen like this, wrapping one film and flying out to do a new one the next day. But I'm fresh enough and ambitious enough to stay up all night for the sake of a job. I'm not gonna take it easy. I want to do so much more when I'm getting these great opportunities.

I'm trying to get the focus back on what I do as an artist, not what I do at home.

It was all a bit mad. For a girl like me, wearing gorgeous clothes and having all this attention was amazing. It was like being a princess. But it didn't take me long to realise that that sort of fame can be scary. The more the circus builds up around you, the more you start to lose all those intentions that get you there in the first place. I was always about being a good performer and working hard, doing movies, making music, but that started to get lost in all that crazy stuff.

I throw myself into love because I believe in it, but when things don't work you have to take responsibility. You all know things have gone wrong for me. Everybody has laughed, everybody has had a knock at me. It hurts, it always does. There have been times when I didn't want to be me any more. From the outside looking in, it may have appeared that it was a glamorous exciting life, but I would have swapped places with anybody. It really did start to get to me and the easy thing to do would be to walk away.

I'm not J.Lo, she's not a real person. She was just a bit of fun that got really crazy. I've never been anyone but Jennifer. I was going to call the album Call Me Jennifer because that would be my way of saying goodbye to the whole J.Lo thing. But Rebirth is perfect because it means so much more.
Back to top Go down
>>Jenny fan<<
Glavni admin
>>Jenny fan<<

PostSubject: Re: Mini Biography on english   Mini Biography on english EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 am

Sooper! Hvala sto si postavila,amiga,mene je mrzelo! kisss
Back to top Go down
http://www.teenschool.niceboard.net
JENNIFER AND ME
Novi clan
Novi clan
JENNIFER AND ME

PostSubject: Re: Mini Biography on english   Mini Biography on english EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 2:16 pm

de nada samo radim svoj posao (i onako znas da zelim da 4-um uspe)
lpl pa naravno ko to ne zeli luuuuuuuuuuuuuuud je!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Biography on english   Mini Biography on english Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini Biography on english
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jennifer Lopez :: #JeNNiFeR LoPeZ# :: **Sve o Jennifer**-
Jump to: